The Best Movie Critic   +  Who is Harry Nilsson

Get Tuff Fest I: Movie 11: Who Is Harry Nilsson?


Luke here, back with a new limited series where I talk about like 60 movies over the next 60 days. Click here for an explanation. Read on for the quick and dirty review!

Everyone likes Harry Nilsson, even if you don't know who he is. I've been a fan of his since my Dad played me Son of Schmilsson when I was a kid. I particularly liked "You're Breaking My Heart." As I got older, I gathered up as much Nilsson as I could get my hands on, absorbing it like the leading brand of paper towels. Until recently I didn't look into his personal life too much, as I've never found that sort of information as interesting as the music itself. But when someone makes a doc about one of the most under-appreciated musicians of the 20th century, I figure it's my duty to find out a little about the guy. Who is Harry Nilsson goes into immense detail about how crazy this man Harry's life really was, and how if a startling genius can also be a huge jerk, and, simultaneously, a loving man. Okay okay, that's not that startling, but still, it's a good story and a well paced documentary, so what more could you ask for?