The Best Movie Critic   +  Tuff Fest I

Get Tuff Fest I: Movie 6: I Love You Phillip Morris

Luke here, back with a new limited series where I talk about like 60 movies over the next 60 days. Click here for an explanation. Read on for the quick and dirty review!

I Love You Phillips Morris is a fun, funny, twisted tale of one man's selfishness never really catching up to him. The moral of the story may have been lost, but with this movie it really is all about watching this based-on-a-true-story movie unfold. Jim Carrey's portrayal of real life Steven Jay Russel is charming and hypnotic, most of the joy found in the movie being derived from watching him get away with all of the just-barely-believable madness that occurs throughout the movie. Jim and Ewan act their tushes off in the playful, colorful, outrageous, blast of a movie. Definitely the feel-good-movie of year (two years ago).