The Best Movie Critic   +  review

What I've Been Up To

Okay, so you may have noticed less/shorter articles from me lately here on the Movie Advocate. That's because I've been burning the midnight oil getting ready to release Slugger Comics, issue 1. For those not in the know about my other projects, I'm in a band called Lil' Slugger. And in conjunction with said band, we had the crazy idea that it would be fun to make a comic book staring us and also anthropomorphic animals. Tonight marks the release of the comic...

If you live or are otherwise in the Denver metro area, I would highly recommend you make your way down. If I may be a little self-serving, the comic is great. And we just finished up screenprinting a limited run of 50 Slugger Comics posters which we will be selling at the show.

This is a movie blog, as as such, I don't spend much time here discussing my other projects, but this one has loomed pretty large for me these last few months, and I thought I should probably share it with you all.

I will be back to ULTIMATE MOVIE-NESS once I ascend to the peak of Slugger Comics Summit. As always, your patience is appreciated.

In the meantime, if this Slugger Comics business sounds interesting to you, here's some press to peruse for more details:

Speaker Snacks

Denver Post

Onion AV Club

And our whole discography up to this point is available for download at the Hot Congress collective website.

That's a lot of cool stuff!

-Ben