The Best Movie Critic   +  TIME

SDFF34 - 6 Picks From Justin

Justin here. This year's Starz Denver Film Fest is upon us this week! Here are some of the movies that I'm looking forward to. Disclaimer: I don't follow movie hype websites and I'm even more disconnected from the film festival scene. Some of these may be awesome movies, and some might not be.
A Dangerous Method

By far this is the movie I'm most looking forward to. I'm a huge David Cronenberg fan and his last two movies have been homeruns. Unlike those two, which were crime movies, A Dangerous Method is about pioneering psychologists Jung and Freud as they play wicked head games with a woman.
We Need to Talk about Kevin

I've actually already seen this one, but I'm not allowed to review it yet. This is about raising a child who has anti-social personality disorder. It has some really incredible performances in it. I would be very surprised if Tilda Swinton doesn't at least get nominated for an Oscar. Lynne Ramsay directs, this is her full-length follow-up to Mourvern Caller (I liked Kevin much better FWIW). Kevin is a really amazing movie. If you don't see it now, you'll need to wait until its official release in January.
The FP

Ben has seen this, and says it's as good as the trailer makes it look. Seriously, just watch the trailer and tell me that you don't want to see this movie.
The Bengali Detective

This is a documentary about private detectives in India. Sounds like a winning premise, and combines two of my favorite genres. I'm in.
Patriocracy

This documentary by Denver-ite, Brian Malone, is a look at how divisive media coverage about politics is. Malone also directed the recent documentary about Blinky the clown. This is a topic that endlessly fascinates me. There's a screener of this on the way for me to watch, hopefully I'll have a full review up for it later this week.
Vacation

This looks like a weird and wonderful movie about alienation in a resort town. The trailer won me over. You can find it here which is a hell of a lot easier than sorting through National Lampoons clips on Youtube.
What looks good to you?